Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers (Primary theme for August 2013)

I have a Father in Heaven
Who loves and cares for me
He watches all I do
And sees what I can't see.

He sent me down to Earth
So very far away
But we are still connected
Each time I kneel and pray.

I know He's always waiting
With anxious delight
To hear my whispered prayers
Each morning and each night

I share in simple words
My worries, hopes and fears
I share with Him my gratitude
All of which He hears.

He answers all my prayers
Because His love for me
Not always how I want
But always what I need.

I'm grateful for my Father
Who hears and answers prayers
I'm grateful I can talk with Him
and know He really cares.


7 comments:

  1. I love this. My daughter (a twin) has a talk on thisSunday. Would you mind if she used tthis for her talk? It is perfect. My girls are 5 (twins, i have two boys 3 and 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all. I set the blog up for that very reason, feel free to use any of my poems. I plan on making one for every month to go along with the primary themes. Congrats on the twins! You've made it through the first 5 years, so the rest will be a breeze! :)......right. My twins just turned 12, it goes soooo fast!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I read it to get and she loves it. :) and i completely agree! The time goes way too fast! I can barely believe mine are almost 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter practiced all week and nailed it on Sunday. Her talk, your poem was a big success. I added visuals with it - such a sweet poem. Everyone loved it. I referred them all to your wonderful page. Again, thank you Sadie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it went well! Thanks for the referrals, the more the merrier! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your talent! I was sitting in Sacrament and suddenly remembered my daughter had a talk. I Googled the theme and your poem came up. It was perfect! She is a Sunbeam so doing anything lengthy wasn't going to work. :) Your poem is beautiful! I will be telling everyone where I found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me! I'm glad I was able to help! :)

      Delete